- POEA announces 1,000 hotel housekeeping jobs available for Israel
- Qualified applicants can expect a basic salary of around $1200
- POEA also warns applicants against illegal recruiters, says that POEA is the only responsible body for the recruitment and development of workers
MANILA, PHILIPPINES – The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) recently announced Israel’s intention of hiring 1,000 hotel housekeeping jobs for Filipino workers.
Administrator Bernard P. Olalia said that the governments of Israel and the Philippines have signed an agreement back in December 2018 that designates POEA as the sole entity primarily responsible for the recruitment and development of Filipino hotel workers.
Olalia also warned workers about offers of employment from illegal recruiters who may take advantage of the reported hiring intention of Israel. Instead, Filipinos should apply through POEA only.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
These are the following qualifications and other preconditions set by the Israeli government:
- A Filipino citizen
- Has competently passed TESDA assessment and certification and has acquired National Certificate Level 2 (NCII) on housekeeping
- At least 25 years of age
- Never previously worked in Israel
- Does not have parents, a spouse or children currently working or residing in Israel
- Has NBI clearance – with both copies with clear photo and receipt (must be “Travel Abroad” 6 months validity from date of issue)
- Is physically and mentally healthy — does not suffer from diseases of from chronic medical conditions including (but not limited to) tuberculosis, hepatitis, syphilis, gonorrhea, and AIDS; and is capable of physically demanding hotel housekeeping work
- Declares that he/she is diligent, service oriented, pays attention to details and has a polite manner
- Has good English language skills
Apart from the qualifications that the Israeli government has set, here are the primary requirements to work abroad:
- Valid Passport – must be 3 years valid – with DFA certification
- Resume – with Photo
- Birth Certificate – National Statistics Office (NSO) copy with receipt
- Birth Certificate – Local Civil Registrar (LCR) copy with receipt.
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)/Singleness from NSO with receipt – for single applicant
- Marriage Contract from NSO with receipt – for married applicant (to be processed for Red Ribbon from Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Travel Document from Immigration Department.
- Old Valid Identification Cards (ID’s) – should have been issued not less than 4 years ago, including but not limited to old passports, Police Clearance, Postal ID.
Qualified applicants can expect a basic salary of around $1200, subject to implementing guidelines of the POEA, while the caregivers’ average existing wage is about $1,350.
Olalia also made mentioned that applicants who meet the qualifications set above may now register through eservices.poea.gov.ph.
He also emphasized that inclusion in the registry does not guarantee selection for work in Israel. Israel will randomly select no more than 75 percent of the qualified workers in the final database of applicants. In addition to that, the maximum number of selected applicants shall in no case be more than 1,000 workers.
Olalia added that no recruitment fees shall be collected from the applicants at any stage of the recruitment process but they will be responsible for paying for airfare as well as clearances and other processing fees.
The Administrator advised the public to verify with the POEA any reported job vacancies and report suspicious recruitment activities whether committed in person or using social media platforms to the POEA Illegal Recruitment Branch at 722-11-92 or at the POEA hotline numbers 722-11-44 and 722-11-55.
Earlier this year, POEA also announced job openings for both Germany and Canada. 350 nursing positions for ICU, general, operating room, medical and surgery, neurology, orthopedics and geriatric care wards in Germany. The Yukon Territory in Northern Canada is set to hire 2,000 Filipino skilled workers, yet a formal announcement of the type of work, as well as the requirements, has yet to be released.
Stay tuned for more news regarding this matter.
Hotline: 722-11-44 / 722-11-55
Email: [email protected]
Source: POEA, Isavta